What happens when you stop meditating? (with results)
Meditation has been a boon to me. But lately, there has been a question ringing in my head – what happens when you stop meditating?
I have always been the woman you’d watch meditating in a corner of the room, no matter how loud the music is or what the others are doing. However, because of my novel work (The Abyssal Secrets) and other such tasks, I had to pause meditating for a while. It’s been almost a month I haven’t meditated. When I couldn’t meditate for around 15 days, I had started feeling a change in my behavior. In order to experiment, I continued not meditating for a while.
It’s been almost a month I haven’t meditated. Wondering what happens when you stop meditating?
Here are the things I’ve observed in my behavior:
- I have started losing my temper, often: No doubt there was a time when I used to get angry a lot, after starting with meditation and Reiki, I had stopped losing my temper. From the time I’ve paused meditating, I hear an electric guitar banging in my head, once again.
- I have started meeting dumb heads again in life: I realized I had stopped meeting idiotic individuals when I meditated; now, they (and other individuals with meaningless existence in my life) have started coming back to me. Annoying, isn’t it?
- I have been having sleepless nights: There was a time when I slept peacefully at nights; now I don’t… not anymore.
- My Third Eye Chakra has been tingling: Yes – it has been calling! I have always been into Third Eye Chakra meditation because it helps me give better Tarot Readings to my clients (in case you didn’t know, I am also a Tarot Card Reader and Psychic).
- I have been falling ill, often (which rarely happened earlier): I don’t know if Science can prove this or not, but I believe meditation improves my immunity. Now that I have not been meditating, I’ve been falling ill quite often.
- I have started missing company: One thing that meditation teaches you is to enjoy your own company. From the time I’ve stopped meditating, I feel like I need someone else to make me happy (which is actually freaking me out because I’ve been more of a solitude-enjoying person all my life)
Now that you know what happens when you stop meditating, I believe everyone should stick to meditation.