What is self worth? Why do you need it? How can you have it?
People usually confuse the two terms – self-worth and self-respect. No doubt both the concepts are somewhere related, but there’s a major difference between the two. Self-respect means respecting yourself; what is self worth? Self-worth means knowing your value; knowing what you deserve; knowing you deserve much better than the way you are treated.
You know who has been forgetting her self-worth? You, woman.
Most of the women I know are either married to men who don’t deserve them or are trying to adjust with those who take them for granted. I know a lot of people read my articles and think I hate men, but that’s not true. Even though most of the men I met never deserved me as a lover or even as a friend, I have known a few, who truly respect and love their wives. However, in such cases, women are completely opposite to the attributes of their men; but that’s the trick, you see; the women, who know their worth, barely bend and hence, their men ensure to keep them happy by being dedicated, loyal and loving husbands.
Aren’t you tired of all those one-sided adjustments that you’ve been doing all this while?
I bet you are; because I was sick of it. I kept giving my all to people who weren’t worth it. Please don’t take my statements as a random attitude; in my life, I have always been giving everything to people in all the relationships I’ve ever had.
No matter how much you give to your partner, to your friends, to your family, in the end, all you get is a bunch of complaints thrown at your face. Forget about people appreciating what you do, the things that you do are, in fact, completely invisible to them. You are probably the first person to get up in the morning and the last one to sleep, yet, all you get to hear is – “You aren’t doing anything extraordinary for me… what you do is what all the women do.”
I remember the last time (which was like the 100th time) when someone said that to me, I banged the door on his face and that’s how I started my journey to do my bit to inspire women.
My motive is not to provoke you to break your chords with your family members or burst out when your friends say something to you or get divorced when your husband doesn’t do things according to your wish, my motive is to help you see what you are… to help you realize what is self worth.
The most ironic thing about self-worth is that it can’t be taught; it has to be realized. Unless you realize your worth, no one can teach you to respect yourself or value what you have. Thus, if you think this article is going to teach you to value yourself, you are wrong, because I can only give you a few tips to raise the feelings of self-worth in you.
Here are a few that can help (as they have always helped me realize my value):
- Appreciate the things that you do, even if others don’t. I know you go way beyond your limits to make others happy – it is time for you to do something to put a smile on that face… yes… your face!
- Stop being so hard on yourself; it is okay to eat a pastry, grab your favorite cookie or cheat on your diet at times; treat yourself good and others would treat you good too.
- Perfection is a dream; keep believing in it, but don’t kill yourself to achieve it. If you really want to know what is self worth, stop kicking yourself over and over again to reach where others want to see you. Be you – the silly dilly woman (okay I said it in a good way)!
- Explore new ideas and do the things that you really want to do; stop being a puppet to others. You have a life and you surely want to live it the way you want to.
- It is okay if you have flaws; accept yourself just the way you are because you are a special edition and one of a kind.
I hope someday, every woman understands what is self worth and does all the things that make her happy.